How can effective collaboration give your business a competitive advantage?
We all know that collaboration is a good thing for business. Two heads are better than one, as the old saying goes. But never has the means of collaboration with business stakeholders been as easy as it is today, whether that’s with employees, contractors, suppliers or even your customers. By adopting the right technologies, every business can collaborate via their laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, leading to more effective decision making processes and a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
If you’re not already convinced, let’s break down the benefits of using new technologies to collaborate in business:
1. Collaboration increases creativity. Why? Because the most innovative ideas are commonly a product of a pooled resource, in which different people provide different skills, experience and viewpoints – enables provision of an excellent competitive service to customers
2. Increased access to resources via mobile communications can lead to a flattened business structure so no matter where an idea originates in the organisation (or outside it), it will be accessible by an executive. This will enhance quality and lead to more innovative ideas being executed at a faster pace
3. Working interactively with suppliers and customers on production/service requirements eliminates costly production mistakes.
4. Using new technologies to quickly access important information will ensure that you make the most effective business decisions.
5. Removing the necessity of travel, lowers the costs of communication, and this will have a positive impact on your bottom line.
6. Sharing skills, resources and assets makes businesses more able to respond to demands quickly and effectively, making them more agile, and providing a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
The benefits of collaboration are ultimately where it drives business value by reducing costs, enhancing quality, accelerating speed and creating business agility.
The enablers of this new level of business collaboration are twenty-first century technologies, which are becoming our mobile workspace. A free flowing office layout within the workplace encourages collaboration and enhances creativity between staff. What’s more important is that the changing ways of working is allowing people to flow more freely and to connect, not only internally, but also externally.
Geographical boundaries are becoming less important and the growth of communications technologies are rapidly enhancing business connectivity. This is potentially allowing people to lead ‘location independent’ business lives whilst collaborating effectively; driving business forward, in the 21st Century.
Why tie your business practice to a particular place, when you now have the flexibility to work and connect effectively from any location?
We can help you develop smart strategies and techniques for more effective collaboration in a twenty-first century business environment. Get in touch today to find out how Ascend Twentyone can help improve your bottom line.